Best of the Best Series: H-Web Infield Gloves
Some players prefer certain types of webbing for their specific glove. H-web gloves have two strips of leather over the webbing, one going vertically the other horizontally. They can have more than just two strips, but typically you’ll see only two. You’ll see most H-webs over at third base, and from time to time in the outfield. But it’s not uncommon for a middle infielder, like shortstop Corey Seager, to use one. Let’s take a look at some of the better infield H-web designs, and their specifics.
Marucci is a little known company, compared to the likes of Wilson, Nike, and Rawlings. But don’t be mistaken, Marucci still makes a top notch glove. The Marucci HTG (Honor the Game) series compliments their original Founder’s series, but with an added element. The HTG series incorporates Pro Designs, including the new H-web design. With each glove skilfully and hand individually hand crafted, the HTG series is a premium glove for any infielder looking for an H-web model. While the open back provides closure and improved durability and weight, the soft cowhide palm lining provides a supple feel for better comfort and break in. Behind all of its great technology and looks, the HTG is an 11.75″ design which will help you achieve excellence at any infield position.
- Skilfully handcrafted to the likening of each individual
- Breaks in fairly quickly, but keeps it’s shape over time
- Excellent durability thanks to cowhide leather
- Open back distributing the gloves thick leather evenly
- Premium Japanese tanned, USA-A-grade steerhide shell leather provides a more game ready feel with superior durability
- Individual custom fit
- Split gray finger welting
- Big League-preferred thin heel padding for better feel and break-in
- Very thick glove, some had complaints about the heavier feel
It’s not an A2000, but for its price, Wilson’s Showtime A800 is hard to beat. On top of its double palm construction for better break in, the A800 is dual welted for a deeper, more durable pocket. The double palm construction is a thin, strategically cut piece of leather placed between the palm liner and outer shell, providing maximum pocket stability. This old school look glove gives users a great throwback feel and look. With so many great attributes, the finest of all may be its utility style making, making it a great choice off the shelf for any infielder.
- Full leather construction, including leather shell, laces, and palm liner, all for exceptional break in
- Low profile heel makes glove for forgiving on bad hop grounders
- Great control
- Large pocket and flexibility for unpredictable hops
- Ready from Day One, this glove will be ready when you are
- Open back
- Full grain leather
- Utility model handy for any infielder
- Dual welting for a durable, lasting pocket
- Glove is on the more lighter, smaller side
One of Rawlings custom series gloves, the Heart of Hide PRO model is for the elite player, look a premium glove. At 11.75″, the Heart of the Hide custom series has 100% leather linings for soft feel and full grasp control when fielding. Authentic pro patterns give this glove a one of a kind look. While Rawlings as has long been known for making quality gloves, the HOH (heart of hide) color series fully exceeds expectations. This glove is a true rarity, combined with its unique sense of flash but core values.
- Tennessee Tanning Pro Laces
- Deer-tanned cowhide lining
- Heart of the Hide traditional leather shell
- Two piece H-web
- Stock custom colored glove
- Leather linings for lasting structure and durability
- Stiff glove at first
- Takes a while to break in, 60% player break in
One of the best gloves in the game, we all have heard of Wilson’s A2000, but the 1786 model takes it to a whole new level. At 11.5″, the 1786 design is composed of Wilson’s typical pro stock leather for a long lasting glove. Though a very pricey glove to say the least, an A2000 truly does last a lifetime. Featuring an H-web with double X laces, the 1786 design is one of Wilson’s higher echelon gloves. This tan model is a sweet looking glove with a sweet looking feel. The DriLex wrist lining keeps your hand cool on those hot summer days, and free of excess moisture. Pick this glove up today on Amazon and save neary $30!
- Dual welting pocket for a more durable and prominent pocket
- Pro stock leather which is long lasting and assists in breaking the glove in
- Pro stock patterns
- Rolled dual welting-enabling the glove to retain shape over time
- Deep pocket keeping balls inside the glove, but easy for players to grab and fire quickly
- DriLex wrist lining-ultra breathable-moisture wicking material
- Glove is on the stiff side